Join 1,062 other subscribers
Who’s Your Buddy?
HTnD’s Hot 10 List
- Frank Medrano: Vegan
- Like Sands Through The Hourglass...
- Yeah! What's With Those Guys?
- Don't Forget Rights & Privacy, Dwight
- I'll Take Uncivilized FOREVER Alex
- Express Yourself
- The NSA Is Coming To Town
- John McDougall - The Food We Were Born To Eat
- What Are You Thankful For?
- Everyone Is Invited To Give It A Try—I Triple-Dog-Dare You (3)
- 1,745,697 Hits Since October, 2007
I like this idea. It also reminded me of Brewster’s Millions.
Not an RBE, but at least an improvement on what we have right now. Brewster’s Millions, agreed. 😉
But…someone will invariably legally change their name to “none of the above”. And run like Wavy Gravy did for years (as “Nobody”), with slogans like “none of the above loves the poor” and “none of the above cares for the environment” and “none of the above cares about you”…
Well, as long as we are talking fantasy elections how about:
100% public funding of elections- NO outside money
Instant runoff elections
Winner gets the presidency, runner up gets the vice presidency (as it once was)
A real, non-partisan FEC with actual power
Life in prison for political corruption
But the sad truth is- one need look no further then local politics to know the system is doomed from the start. There’s an old quote- from whom escapes me: “Those that seek a position of power are wholly unsuited to hold it”.
Thanks for stopping in, DAOT, and for taking the time to leave a comment. You summed it up nicely with “doomed from the start”. 😉 Great quote too:
“Those who seek power are not worthy of that power.” -Plato.